BigWheel is seeking a full-stack developer to execute front- and back-end development for local, regional, and national clients. You'll work collaboratively to provide a critical function to our team while embracing agile best practices and principles. We believe the customer experience is a top priority and are looking for a like-minded individual to grow with us. Please note: This is an in-office position. No remote applicants will be considered.
• Full-stack development of web applications through all phases of the software development lifecycle, including planning, building, testing, deploying and maintaining.
• Meeting with clients to determine project requirements
• Working with project managers using Agile methodologies to plan and schedule development sprints
• Designing and implementing application architectures including database schema design, MVC patterns, API integration, and server infrastructure
• Configuring AWS resources to host web applications
• Maintaining, troubleshooting, and adding new features to existing web applications
• Ability to meet and communicate with clients
• Ability to find and implement creative solutions
• Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
• Minimum 5 years software development experience
• Familiarity with modern front- and back-end web application technologies
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
Languages and Technologies
• Ruby on Rails
• Amazon Web Services
• Apache HTTP server
• WordPress and Drupal
For more than 20 years, BigWheel has broken new ground in digital and creative work for clients nationwide. A full-service agency with digital expertise including mobile apps and database-driven websites, our passion for creative, technical, and business development has resulted in significant business impacts for clients in every field imaginable.
Catch Our Culture
We’re a team of designers, developers, writers, strategists, and dreamers who believe that having fun matters. Our office is a hub of collaboration and creativity, where the occasional ping-pong tournament has been known to break out. From client work to spontaneous brainstorm sessions, we respect the experience and insight that each team member brings to the table. Did we mention there’s beer on tap?